Deputy Operations Manager - Cleaning
My client is privately owned and were set up in the mid 1980’s. They have grown organically. Starting as a contract cleaning company, they now provide a broad range of FM services. They primarily operate in the South East of England being particularly strong within the M25. Their client base is in the main a mix of commercial, NHS and educational establishments. They have a strong management team and robust systems and are therefore are primed for further growth. I am on their behalf currently looking for a Deputy Operations Manager. Reporting into the Operations Manager the role holder will have management responsibility for Area Managers, Area/Site Supervisors, Cleaning Operatives and Subcontractors. The purpose of the role is to ensure that all contracts are run smoothly, safely, effectively, efficiently and to the required standard. In terms of efficiency, both financial and practical results are to be maximised. In the achievement of the above, liaison with clients and their staff/representatives must be accomplished through the effective monitoring of site operations.
Deputy Operations Manager Management of Operations:
You must provide excellent levels of service to each client/customer that you are responsible for in the following manner:
1. Visit clients in accordance with the instructions issued by your line manager to discuss the services being provided and to obtain written comment on the relevant Feedback Cards, via yourself/your team. This must be executed at least the minimum number of times as advised for every month, for each client.
2. Implement via yourself or your team cleaning and safety inspections on site at suitable intervals as stated in the Company’s Cleaning Quality Plan, or at least in accordance with the instructions issued by your line manager.
3. Identify and agree “one-offs” and “periodics” with clients and to complete the relevant paper work.
4. Deal with customer complaints promptly (within 24 hours), tactfully and effectively and report each one to your line manager in writing, together with any remedial action taken or any agreement entered into with the client. Making sure that your team follow the same protocols.
5. You/your team observe all client and Company statutory fire, H&S regs and promote good safety habits. Ensure that all staff observe these regs at all times.
6. When trained, carry out Risk Assessments and complete the relevant paperwork in a timely manner.
7. Constantly be vigilant for further opportunities to provide additional services e.g. consumables, carpet cleaning, window cleaning, etc.
Management of Financial Issues: Maintain the balance between a quality service and a cost effective one by controlling resources to achieve excellence without exceeding budgetary constraints.
1. Request materials and equipment as necessary in a manner and quantity that minimises wastage and maximises value obtained therefrom.
2. Ensure that a cost effective policy of repairs and replacements of plant, equipment and PPE is put in practice to include timely checks thereof and accurate recording of “Health & Safety Audits”.
3. That yours & your teams timesheets and wage returns are completed to ensure that wage budgets are not exceeded. Similarly, oversee the submission of such timesheets and wage returns to prevent any falsification of records/returns.
4. Agree operational targets with your line manager and ensure Operational targets are flowed down to your teams.
5. Visually and personally check receipts of consumables, materials, equipment, etc. where applicable.
6. Visually check that Company vehicles and equipment are being utilized and maintained in the right and proper manner.
Manage Staff and People: Recruit, lead and develop the team by example and maintain high morale. Lead from the front.
1. Recruit staff using Company procedures and conforming to our corporate culture.
2. Induct new and transferred staff in accordance with Company practices.
3. Regularly review the training/developmental needs of the individual members of staff including the carrying out of appraisals where and when necessary.
4. Provide on-site training for staff and work schedules.
5. Ensure that all staff obeys site rules as well as maintaining a smart appearance. This will include the wearing of uniforms as applicable.
6. As and when necessary, assist and support the General Manager with disciplinary matters in accordance with the organization’s disciplinary procedure.
Manage Information: Access, organize, store/record and utilize information to control contracts.
1. Maintain: Contract files, Personnel files, Training records, Site Communication Book, Site packs, Activity logs and Diaries
2. Attend all relevant meetings that review the performances on various contracts. Complete minutes of each meeting.
3. Carry out regular team briefings and meet staff regularly.
Managing Your Own & Teams Affairs:
1. Manage your own time effectively and productively and attend all appropriate training sessions.
2. Ensure that all procedures are followed within the legal prerequisites.
3. Co-operate with and respond in a timely manner to all requests from clients and managers as well as team mates. Provide assistance where required.
4. Adhere to all company procedures including company vehicle policy and ensure colleagues and staff follow suit
5. Adhere to and uphold Company Core Values. Integrity, Professionalism, Reliability, Respect.
The individual will need at least two years’ experience in managing, areas managers/area managers that look after small multi-site businesses. Area covering will be inside the M25 and ideal areas to reside the likes of Vauxhall, Canning Town, Kennington, Islington, Plaistow, Stockwell, Southwark etc.
Salary £30,000, £250 PCM car allowance with 20p per business miles, company phone, laptop and tablet for business usage. 20 days holidays
We do try to reply to each application personally, however as you can appreciate we receive a high number of applications for each role we handle and it is not always possible to do this. Therefore if we do not contact you within seven days your application for this particular role has not been successful. However we have retained your CV and we will advise you of future roles that may be of interest. Fairford Associates operates as an Employment Agency introducing work-seekers to client employers for direct employment by those employers.
Contract cleaning, soft FM, operations Manager
Important: i-FM.net is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button, above.