Critical Services Technician
London, Greater London, England
£35k - 45k per year + Bonus and Benefits
Salary £40-45k plus 10% bonus, pension, health care and lunch provided
This is a fantastic opportunity to work client side for an iconic estate in London. You will support the current operation and the visions of some exciting new plans. This newly created position is to support the current operation and the vision of the plans, the position of Critical Systems Technician provides a first class all year-round maintenance service with world class support. . The Critical Systems Technician will carry out project works, planned and reactive maintenance to the critical systems throughout the year, provide logistical support and deal with incidents, while also ensuring all plant and services are operating at their optimum performance. In addition, this role also provides support to critical systems projects, to ensure compliance and delivery of projects.
- To support the operation and maintenance of the critical systems and electrical building services to ensure all systems are fully operational and compliant.
- Supporting the Critical Systems Manager in the management of the specialist suppliers in the year-round maintenance of the estate
- To manage the critical systems, producing planned maintenance tasks in line with SFG20 and regulatory requirements for all assets, to ensure all compliance activities and best practice planned maintenance activities are efficiently planned though available team resource. In support of efficient planning, generate management reports from the CAFM system, update asset registers and identify asset replacement opportunities.
- Support the team in carrying out planned and reactive maintenance on the mechanical, electrical and plumbing services throughout the Estate. Ensure the CAFM system is correctly used to capture all maintenance information once tasks have been performed. Supporting the Critical Systems Manager in producing maintenance information for planned and reactive tasks to create reports on the performance of the department
- Issue as required Permit to Works (PTW) to members of the in-house team and specialist suppliers
- Assist in the preparation and installation of the temporary structures and ensure all associated services and critical systems are provided to support these structures
- Develop and encourage a culture of continuous improvement and participate within the team to create an annual training plan for skills development
- Support the Critical Systems Manager and Building and Services Supervisor to ensure full compliance of all critical systems, identifying risk and supporting solutions to create procedures which are clearly documented
- Assist the Commercial Manager with the preparation of contract documentation for RFI/RFP
- Support the Head of Facilities Management in the preparation and management of budgets
- Support the current helpdesk facility with advice and feedback on tasks issued to ensure all procedures are accurate and relevant for the asset identified
Advanced critical system user with proven high levels of planning, fault-finding and systems experience and a full awareness of regulatory compliance. This role demands a person with a high degree of interest in modern control and automation systems and products. The aim is to continually improve the level of service and to embrace new ideas and working practices
A recognised electrical qualification and good understanding of M+E Maintenance in a building services environmentRhona Cloherty
Important: i-FM.net is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button, above.