Leatherhead, Surrey, England
£35k - 45k per year + Bens
Working for a leading Engineering company with a large presence in the government sector. You will provideengineering support meet their requirements on deployed operations, as well as projects and bids.
- Devise initial concepts, develop detailed design, design integration and validate / review mechanical systems.
- Produce detailed specifications and scopes of work and review / report on supplier’s submissions.
- Liaise directly with suppliers and prepare purchase requisitions.
- Perform inspections on new equipment and conditioning reports on recovered deployed equipment.
- Plan, participate in and report on equipment / system integration trials.
- Adapt engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to meet unusual client requirements.
- Participate in preparing cost estimates and project schedules.
- Provide technical guidance and support to other elements of the organization, including Procurement, Project Management and Maintenance teams and clients as required.
- Provide general mechanical engineering support to the Team as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Skills typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering and a minimum of five years industry experience.
- Experience in the design and manufacture of mechanical equipment / systems.
- Practical, hands-on experience, with good problem solving capabilities.
- Application of the standards and legislation that influences the design of equipment e.g. ATEX directive
- Ability to prepare detailed technical reports and presentations for internal and external purposes.
- Experience of preparing risk assessments and method statements.
- Able to work independently using their initiative.
- Competence in the use of MS Office, AutoCAD.
- Experience of aviation fuel ground support equipment in either civil or military environments
- Experienced with the requirements of Integrated Logistics Support for the supply of new equipment
- Experience with the production of equipment and system safety and environmental cases.
Important: i-FM.net is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button, above.