Mobile Maintenance Engineer - Electrical
£28k - 30k per year + benefits
- Maintaining plant and equipment including all M&E and building fabric assets specializing in electrical maintenance, including emergency lighting, distribution boards etc.
- Identify spare parts to carry out repairs and order through appropriate channels
- Ensuring all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales.
- Carrying out the preparation of Risk Assessments and producing Method Statements for works within the site.
- Liaison and supervision of subcontractors in relation to method statement risk assessment and safe execution of works.
- Monitor and order stock for related items.
- Assist in the provision of the associated services within the project facilities. Including but not limited to general plumbing work, statutory inspection and testing of other mechanical and electrical services, managing of minor works projects.
- Pricing up minor work jobs.
- Obtaining quotations for materials
- Assist in the fulfilment of health and safety responsibilities within the project facilities.
- Ensure the operation of heating plant, fire alarm systems and lighting systems.
- Carry out and supply meter readings for utility consumption.
- Be part of the on-call roster
Who are we looking for?
To succeed in this role you will require:
- Experience as a mobile technician working in a busy FM service environment,
- Experience in maintenance and fault finding on a variety of equipment including, plumbing, boiler plant, ventilation, pumps, switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting.
- Ability to read, understand and diagnose faults utilising as-installed drawings, as installed schedules, contract specifications and equipment.
- Full driving licence.
- Basic electrical and plumbing experience would be advantageous.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to use initiative in day to day duties.
Important: i-FM.net is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button, above.